Wednesday, May 27, 2009

welcome to Greece!

Greetings from Athens, Greece...Or should I say the marble roads where Paul walked. Crazy!!!

Our time has been great! Absolutely crazy busy, but so good. I have been stretched in so many ways! I have not been able to go to the red light district yet, but will probably on Thursdays, please be praying for us. I can not tell you the depth of the impact it has on being around this kind of life style; so sad! We have worked at camps, soup kitchens and overall traveled the country. A little unorganized, because Greeks do not plan the way we do, but it has sure been an adventure. Tonight we went to a revival meeting at a homeless soup kitchen. It was sooooo good! I shared part of my testimony to a bunch of Greeks and refugees.

Tomorrow we travel to Thessaloniki to be there through Sunday. We are traveling by train tomorrow and then staying in dorms right by the sea! We went to Sunni Cap (A ruin of Poseidon's temple) the other day. It was sooo beautiful, I can't even tell you!!!

Please be praying for calm nerves as we work on the Red Light District. The feeling of fear has been trying really hard to take us over. Also be praying for continually unity on our team. We get along great, but we are not at the end of our trip yet :).

I have been growing so much in my time here and learning a lot about trusting the Lord with ministry. It is not hard to see that we are fallen people, desperately in need of the Lord, while over here. I can't wait to share it with you all!

Thank you for your prayers!

No comments: