Tuesday, February 24, 2009

An update with only a few months to go!

Greetings with only about 11 weeks to go till I walk onto a plane and start a new adventure! Our trip planing is in full swing now and we have definitely hit the ground running! I am amazed at the blessings that myself and my team have experienced within only a few months. The Lord is good! I am happy and so very thankful to say that our team was the first team to meet the deadline for buying ALL of our plan tickets. We are officially going to Greece!!!! You all have blown me away by your support. THANK YOU! Your prayer and financial support has been much felt and much appreciated. I know there would be no way that I could even think about this trip without all of you!

A few updates:
* Pete from AMG international (Advancing the Ministries of the Gospel) has come in to Denver this week and it has been great to talk to him. He will be going on our trip with us. AMG was founded in the 1940's in Greece. Pete has been to Greece two other times and is very educated in the culture and happenings that are going on over there. AMG has been doing a great job of educating us on Greek Culture and getting us familiar with the land and people. Along with teaching us a few words such as YIA sas which in Greek means hi. Trust me, it is not said the same way it sounds. I tried :).
* Our team has been growing together as we have been preparing for this trip. In the next few weeks we will be involved in some of our biggest fundraiser. (Including a bowling fudraiser which my brother and dad are bowling in :) Please be praying for God's blessing on those fundraisers. But also that we will be able to bless the people around us that we are helping in these fundraisers. It has been fun to see God work and build our team closer and closer together as we prepare for our trip.
* As part of one of our fundraisers we are partnering with Jamba Juice in the Belmar shopping area. If you buy a drink from Jamba Juice between the days of Feb. 27-Mar. 1 20% of your entire purchase with benefit our trip to Greece.

I am continually amazed at how God is working through this trip! He amazes me at how He knows the desires of our hearts. If we walk in His will our desires match with His. I can not wait to see what the Lord does in Greece! I see how He shapes my heart a little more each day for the people of this ancient land. This is an exciting time and I am blessed to have you all walk with me in this journey!
I am hoping to have this blog be my journal of sorts for this trip. So if you wish, please be checking it before May and while I am in Greece.

No comments: